Frequently Asked Questions
- In terms of online security, all payments are securely processed using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer encryption, or SSL.
- Only donate to people you personally know and trust. When in doubt, don’t donate and report any suspicious pages or activity to us here.
- We accept all major cards including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept Paypal.
- igiveonline.com works in countries that are supported by our payments partners.
- We realise that payment companies like PayPal operate in only certain countries so only some countries will not work with igiveonline.com.
- Yes. To start a 100% donation campaign you must be affiliated with a charity with a valid registration number or a community organisation. You can start a personal campaign but you will be charged a competition beating low fee.
- Standard users can only have 1 campaign live at any given time. Verified non-profits can have a maximum of 2 campaigns whilst registered charities have access to much more!
- igiveonline.com makes it easy to fundraise online for the things that matter to you most. From emergencies to charity walks, it’s easy to invite family & friends to donate to causes that mean something to you.
- Simply sign up, create your page, share your page link with friends and collect donations. You automatically receive each donation in real-time and it will show up in your page.
- igiveonline.com allows you to raise money online for many ideas, event, project or cause your family, friends & personal contacts might believe in.
Money raised via a fundraising campaign will be sent to you or the selected charity either directly in to the nominated PayPal account or sent to your bank account on a monthly basis.
No they don’t. Your donors simply visit your page link and complete their payments using a debit/credit card or PayPal.
- igiveonline.com will never charge your donors anything.
- Although we do not charge a fee, our payment processor charges 2.4% + 0.30p to process credit card donations and Paypal charge 3.4% + 0.20p (cross border donation fees using PayPal vary). Campaign creators pay a platform fee on donations received.
- We are working on reducing this to a negligible amount.